Thursday, February 9, 2012

Let the Past be the Past

I know sometimes people get the sudden urge to wonder about getting back together with a person. I think that's how we all secretly feel about our first love.....doing something different to make it all right again. I've tried in the past to do this and rejection was harsh. Someone who you first loved changes into a person....wait, a stranger...and the only way to really associate yourself with them is by talking about the past. That's how it was with Nick. Over the summer, I finally hung out with him after months of uncertainty. I told him that because I was with Cody, I wouldn't meet with him even for coffee. But with the whole mess of a breakup, I thought I'd give him a shot. He took me out to dinner and we were laughing and such like old times. At the end of it all though, I wanted more and he wanted nothing. Broken too many times and I had hurt him in the past...he just didn't want to deal with it. I don't blame him.

The other morning as I struggled to wake myself up, I shut off my alarm on my phone and saw that I had a message on facebook. It was Charles Choate....you know, compulsive liar....the one who cheated on me on my birthday? The one who tried forcing me to have sex with him on prom night? The last person on Earth (besides Cody Conrad) that I would want to speak to? Yeah...him.

He was thinking about me and wanted to see how I was. I replied...trying to be nice because I felt sorry for him. Next thing I know, he keeps persisting for me to give him a chance and leave my boyfriend for him. I tell him that I love Brenden and he tells me that he respects that....but then tells me that I never stopped loving him? Ugh.

This is where the saying, "Let the Past be the Past" comes in. You can't force someone to love you...nor can you force someone to love you again. I tried it....and I've been in the other shoes as well and either role isn't fun. You'll end up getting hurt and rejected. If the other person  agrees to be together again...it's a fork in the road. Either it can great (if you can forgive what's been done in the past), or it can be a disaster if the past resurfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment